Grace Thomas

Nara Hamburger, Staff Writer

From dancing in the studio to painting a picture or learning about the environment, Grace Thomas, a sophomore, is passionate about everything she is involved in. She participates in out-of-school extracurriculars along with in-school clubs such as Art Club and BETA Club.

Thomas has been dancing since the age of 9 and is currently taking several dance classes. Through these classes, Thomas’ spirit and energy are lifted as she expresses herself through movements and choreography.

“I love dance, specifically ballet,” Thomas said. “I [also] do lyrical jazz, hip-hop, and musical theater.”

Thomas’ talents are not limited to dance though. While she loves performing, she is also interested in other fine arts. In her free time, you can catch Thomas working on a new art piece. Her favorite medium is painting; landscapes are her favorite to paint.

Apart from fine arts, Thomas is especially interested in the environment and the future of the earth and oceans. As the environment changes and temperature increases, Thomas feels that it is important to preserve the planet and make good decisions to benefit the world. As a result, Thomas is very environmentally conscious and is hopeful that we can all work towards bettering the environment. In the future, she plans to take this passion and turn it into a career.

“I want to become an environmental engineer [and] either go to NC Stateor UNCW,” Thomas said. “If I go to UNCW I want to go into the ocean and figure out how to clean it up or figure out [alternatives to] plastic.”