Randy McGrath

Seth Steiner, Staff Writer

Oftentimes, the social aspects of high school are stressful for many students. For example, meeting new people can be very difficult for a lot of people. Randy McGrath isn’t one of them. A junior here at Wakefield, McGrath is a widely known figure. He prides himself on being a social figure and a friendly face in a crowd of otherwise dreary students. His wide involvement in the school is thanks in part to his involvement in many extracurricular activities, most notably theater, which he has been involved in for a large part of his life.

Throughout his school years, McGrath has become widely involved, most notably in theater. 

“Back in 3rd grade, was the first year they started the elementary school program, it was the Jungle Book,” McGrath said. “Me and my best friend, Kees, both auditioned, and I’ve been in theater for 8 or 9 years at this point!”

McGrath sees himself as a very outgoing and generally positive person. He always seems to be surrounded by his friends, while also having a smile on his face. Positivity is contagious, and the more people he gets to make smile, the happier he is. 

“Honestly, I like having a lot of friends and seeing people happy,¨ McGrath said. ¨When they’re happy, I’m happy!”