Victoria Bernstein

Sky Morgan, Staff Writer

Victoria Bernstein, a sophomore, has taken her love for dance to the next level. She fell in love with dance when she was three and now she uses that passion to assist dance classes at CC&CO. Bernstein teaches two ballet and tap classes with preschoolers and one ballet and tap class with kindergarten to third graders.

“I love being an assistant not just to be able to teach them and give them new moves to learn but [because] they get a friendship,” Bernstein said. “Being able to be that person who connects kids with people who will probably be their best friends is my favorite thing,”

She also helped inspire the creation of the admin program and continues to help out with it. This program allows dancers to take on the responsibility of helping out where needed and gives them a preview of what a future work life will be like.

“I had a three-hour break between one of my regular assisting classes and when my classes were so I asked if there was any way I could hang out [at the studio] to check temperatures [and] help check people in,” Bernstein said. “So from the three-hour block on Tuesdays I would be at the front table and greet them… The next season [the owner] created the admin program.”

There are many things Bernstein loves about CC&CO and the classes she assists but there is one thing that sticks out to her.

“I love the kids’ laughter during class,” Bernstein said. “We’ll do unicorn runs and they’ll just be giggling the entire time and I love it.”