How To Get Away With Murder

How+To+Get+Away+With+Murder+

Matt Evans, Online Editor

Imagine attending a class where you can be taught how to commit homicide and walk away scot-free. Does such a class actually exist? Most likely not. Instead we have a TV show that proposes this very situation in captivating style.

How to get away with Murder is ABC’s newest pilot that focuses on the procedures of defense attorneys. Yes, I can hear the groans from here but trust me this show is much more than a simple one sentence description. The show takes place on the campus of Middleton University, specifically the classroom of Professor Annalise Keating, the intimidating, hyper-intelligent teacher of the Criminal Law 100 class. Keating chooses four of her best students from this class to come and work on real life cases at her law firm. The show takes a compelling turn when we flash forward to Keating’s four favorites burying and burning an unidentified body. As the first season progresses we find out just how deep the murder conspiracy goes, involving many other characters and the precedent murder of a female Middleton student.

If you are looking for a show that delivers witty dialogue and has a plot thick with atmosphere then take a chance on How to get away with murder. With a script being headed up by Shonda Rhimes, fans of other ABC hits such as Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy will find that this show is right up their ally.