Wakefield clubs recognize their outstanding seniors

The talent of Wakefield students is hard to deny.  From athletes to scholars to artists of every sort, we have a lot to brag about.   The Howler asked honor society advisors to select outstanding students who consistently served their organizations.  Listed below are the nominated students with a brief statement provided by their advisors.

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA): Joshua Howard  

JoshuaAs the president of the FBLA, Josh exhibited extraordinary leadership, vision, passion, and energy to the organization. His commitment to excellence was apparent in every endeavor that he took on. He motivated and inspired his peers to participate in many events and was a focal point on each task. As an adviser, he definitely made my job much easier, and he will leave big shoes to fill when he graduates. I wish him all the success in the world and feel that he will leave a lasting imprint on the world, as he has with the Wakefield High School FBLA.  Best of luck Josh!

French Honor Society: Simran Bhatia 

SimranSimran has been an avid member and President of French Honor Society.  She has encouraged members to do their best and participate in French.  Bravo!

Key Club: Meghan Dempsey 

MeghanMeghan Dempsey has shown her tremendous growth as a leader and community supporter of Wakefield High School. She was elected by her peers to be our school’s Key Club President for the 2015-2016 school year. As a nationally known organization, Key Club encourages America’s youth to be active members of their community and serve others in positive ways. Meghan exemplifies not only the goals of Key Club but also demonstrates how young individuals can become future leaders. Meghan was consistent in finding service projects, encouraging membership, and promoting the general values of the club. She is truly an outstanding senior and Wakefield High School Key Club wishes her well.  

Mu Alpha Theta: Amelia Davidson 

AmeliaAmelia Davidson is dedicated, organized, caring, thoughtful, and intelligent.  Amelia is hardworking and she even set up tutorials online for the club.  I cannot say enough about this wonderful young lady.

National Art Honor Society (NAHS): Nicole Hill and Colton Valentino 

Nicole Hill- The best attribute about Nicole is that she tirelessly and selflessly volunteers and helps others. As Secretary of NAHS, no matter what needs to be done, Nicole takes charge with her exceptional leadership and organizational skills, as well as her beautiful handwriting and sign making skills. Nicole is loyal, trustworthy, and a great friend to others. She is always willing to serve, and very humble about her abilities in art and academics. Nicole Hill is an exceptional role model.  

Nicole-and-ColtonColton Valentino– Colton has served as an NAHS member from the time he was an infant, always planning and organizing mysterious induction ceremonies and volunteering to organize supplies in the summer with his mom and art teacher. He has continually served as an artistic role model his entire life, through participation in events such as the St. Painting festival for 8 years, and creating yearbook covers all three years in Middle School. Wakefeild High School has been proud to have such a devoted artist throughout the last four years, serving the community, and beautifying the world with his imagination and talent. He has lead NAHS as VP, and this year as President. Winning more art awards; State, Local, District and Regional than any other art student to go through the WHS art program, he will leave a legacy of excellence behind to inspire others to work hard and believe in themselves.

National Honor Society: Megan Blawas 

Meghan-webI would like to take this moment to recognize Megan Blawas, a soon to be Wakefield graduate who deserves recognition for her outstanding contributions to the school community.  I had the opportunity to get to know Megan through the National Honor Society and through the school’s cross country team.  For NHS, Megan is the president and has fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the position in a noteworthy manner.  She is a key reason why the transition between advisers has been so smooth and my answer to most questions involving NHS is “Ask Megan Blawas.”   In cross-country, Megan may not have finished races with the fastest times, but she did finish races with the most smiles and most high-fives.  She was truly a team player and put forth her best efforts no matter how badly she may have wanted to take the day off.  I believe that a great future lies in front of Megan Blawas and that she will excel in anything that she puts her mind to.  To Megan, for all you have done, I say thank you.  

Spanish Honor Society: Jissel Navarrete 

JisselJissell has been an outstanding president for the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica this year.  She has prepared excellent activities designed to deepen the cultural understanding of our members.  She went above and beyond with her service hours.  Perhaps most importantly, she is always more than happy to help and maintains a positive attitude.  We are very thankful to have had her leading us this year and wish her the best of luck next year!

Tri-M Honor Society: Vi Le

Vi-LeVi Le is the Historian for Tri-M Music Honor Society, and has been my “go to” girl this year for anything I need assistance with regarding the organization. She has been extremely helpful in coordinating activities and has been a liaison between me and the other Club Officers when direct communication is problematic. She is extremely well-rounded, personable, respectful, talented and knowledgeable.  She currently has a 4.7 GPA, she volunteers as a fourth grade teacher assistant for Vietnamese.  Outside of school she is involved in St. Theresa Church Choir, the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement and the Children’s liturgy. She is member of the Wakefield Orchestra and is a very gifted violinist.  She is also involved with the National Achievers Society and FBLA. She has received the Lamp of Knowledge Award 3 consecutive years. (2012-2015) Vi has also received awards in Orchestra for “Outstanding Musicianship” and “Excellence in Leadership”.  She is quite a remarkable young lady and I look forward to seeing what great things she will accomplish in the future!