Raleigh’s best places to get your hair and nails ready for prom

LUX SALON

8470 Honeycutt Rd #106, Raleigh, NC 27615 and 8377 Creedmoor Rd, Raleigh, NC 27613

Are you looking for a friendly, professional and modern salon that will leave you feeling gorgeous and looking stylish before your prom night? LUX Salon checks all of these boxes! LUX is a hair salon specializing in haircuts for both men and women, balayage, color treatments, curls and updos. Whether you’re looking for a haircut to freshen up your look, a new color or a beautiful hairstyle for prom, the stylists at LUX will know exactly how to help you. To make things easier, there are two locations — one in Creedmoor, which is a 20-minute drive from Wakefield and one in Lafayette Village, which is a 15-minute drive from Wakefield. Both salons have airy, comfortable atmospheres with friendly employees who specialize in their client’s needs! Owned by four sisters who all live in Raleigh and prioritize their customer’s satisfaction, LUX will put you first in order to leave you feeling beautiful and ready for a night of fun. They are open Monday through Saturday. Visit their website to learn more about their services, find both addresses or make an appointment at https://www.luxsalonspa.net/

UPSCALE NAILS 

13600 New Falls of Neuse Road

Located only four minutes from Wakefield High School, Upscale nail salon will send you to prom with perfectly manicured, stylish nails. They specialize in both manicures and pedicures and do all types of polish: regular, gel, acrylics, or even dip. The employees are efficient yet professional, making sure every nail matches and is without flaw. This salon is great at French manicures and other designs. Simply show them a photo reference, and they’ll be able to recreate almost anything! Upscale has a wide selection of polishes, including sparkles, pastels, glitter, and even neons. Whatever color you’re searching for, Upscale is bound to have it. Prices vary with each treatment depending on the polish chosen, design, time taken and length, but a regular manicure with basic polish is around $20, while a full-set of acrylic nails are usually around $55 (not including tip). The acrylic nails last for weeks, and if you happen to chip or break one, they will fix it! They are open Monday through Saturday from 9:30-7:30 p.m. at 13600 New Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27614. Make an appointment at (919) 556-1079

SALON SERENITY SPA

1002 Durham Rd #800, Wake Forest, NC 27587

13600 New Falls of Neuse Road

If you want an efficient, time and money-saving option for hair and nails, Salon Serenity Spa is going to be the way to go. They provide both hair and nail services, along with facials, tanning, and makeup applications. You can walk out looking like a whole new person with all of the amenities they offer. With the hecticness of the ‘preparing for prom’ season, it will be nice to have a relaxing pampering session without the stress of driving all over town to make your appointments. You’re also saving gas, which is always a  good idea. Salon Serenity Spa is 2.8 miles from Wakefield High School (seven minutes away.) In my many experiences there, I can assure you that the staff is very accommodating and is dedicated to giving you the best experience possible. Their establishment is always clean and is decorated very nicely. The aesthetic appeal of every single room enhances the experience twofold. So, make your way over to Salon Serenity Spa this prom season, you’ll be sure you’re getting a worthwhile result! 

VENUS NAIL SPA

13100 New Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27614

If you’re looking for an easy, simple, in-and-out nail experience, you should be sure to drop by Venus Nail Spa. Venus Nail Spa is 0.9 miles from Wakefield High School (four minutes away.) Not only is it extremely close to the school, saving time, but it also has some generous prices. They offer services under the umbrella of manicures, pedicures, and nail enhancements. You can dress up your nail spa experience to your liking by adding on masques, scrubs, treatments, and massages with their several packages. The atmosphere inside of this establishment is always clean and endlessly relaxing, and the staff is very friendly. In my experience, the nail techs have taken their time to ensure the product I received exactly matched my vision. They have a large selection of colors and designs that you’ll be sure to have plenty of amazing options to match your prom look. Overall, choosing Venus Nail Spa is choosing an exceptionally customizable experience that is both time and money efficient. 

HAIR UNDONE

3625 Rogers Rd Suite 104, Wake Forest, NC 27587

When dressing up for formal events, like prom, your hair can be a significant stressor. Up, down, pinned to the side? Would extensions or dyed hair be better? Luckily, there is a solution, and it’s only 16 minutes away from Wakefield High School.

As soon as you walk into Hair Undone, you are instantly greeted with welcoming gestures.  The salon is off Rogers Road in Wake Forest in the Heritage area. While the prices vary on how much hair you have and what you’d like to get done, Hair Undone is a great place to get picture-perfect hair for prom. At Hair Undone, customers can ask for updos for special occasions, blowouts and thermal add-ons with a curling iron. 

One unique aspect of Hair Undone is the ability to install extensions. After seeking a consultation with your stylist, Perfectress Ultimate Hair Wefts extensions can be put in and styled accordingly. If you’re not sure when you’d be available to book an appointment, Hair Undone can easily make room for your schedule. 

Hair Undone is a perfect place for everyone to get affordable haircuts without any hassle. Prom should be a time when your hair should be the least of your worries, and at Hair Undone, they can help with that. 

WAKEFIELD NAILS

14460 New Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27614

Your nails are a way to express yourself, and it is important for a formal event like a prom that you show off your best nails. Wakefield Nails is a nail salon that is only 6 minutes and 2.1 miles away from Wakefield High School. They do everything from basic fills to nail art and 3D designs with acrylic. 

When you first walk in, you are met with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The staff has been noted to be helpful and patient with customers. Customers are free to show reference photos to give the nail tech an idea of what they want.  

Customers have all said great things about Wakefield Nails and given their compliments to the staff. The building is between Mathnasium and Taste of China in the Wakefield Commons.  Wakefield Nails is a great place for everyone to get their nails done for this 2023 prom! 

KELLSEY NAIL SALON

11480 Capital Blvd #125, Wake Forest, NC 27587

Are you looking for the perfect spot to get your nails prepped for the big night? Kellsey Nail Salon is conveniently located approximately 1.5 miles (a quick 8-minute drive)  from Wakefield High. I recommend booking an appointment prior to arrival, just in case the salon is busy because of prom season. They are open every day of the week until 7 p.m., excluding Wednesdays when they close at 5 p.m.. 

Upon arrival, you can choose from their large selection of polish colors while you sip on the complimentary beverage offered with your service. The salon owner, Kellsey is very kind and often converses with patrons and is sure to greet you with a smile. The staff is extremely professional and kind, and they offer a wide range of gel polish colors, dip powder and services. They also complete services in a timely manner, while still paying great attention to small details. The salon itself is very clean and a relaxing environment. They offer gel manicures and pedicures, acrylic nails, dip powder, waxing and eyelash extensions. To find out more about Kellsey Nail Salon, check out their website and be sure to book an appointment at Kelsey Nail Salon this prom season! 

THE PRETTY MANE & COMPANY SALON

6300 Creedmoor Rd Suite 118, Raleigh, NC 27612

The Pretty Mane is the perfect spot to get an elegant hairdo for prom. The Pretty Mane is approximately 30 minutes from Wakefield High. They are open every day of the week, only servicing appointments on Sunday and Monday. There is limited availability, so an appointment is recommended. To book ahead, they have an online scheduler on their website or you can call ahead. However, they are also welcome to walk-ins. They specialize in hair coloring, blowouts, hair cuts, extensions, and natural hair services. They also specialize in elegant updos for special occasions such as prom.  

The Pretty Mane is Raleigh’s “first and only multicultural hair salon,” so they service all hair types. The salon is a very welcoming environment with vibrant decorations throughout. The stylists use quality hair products and pay great attention to the small details. Additionally, some stylists are makeup artists, so The Pretty Mane can truly be your one-stop shop for feeling confident on your prom day!