Senior, Maggie Fin

Maggie Finn

“Never regret a day in your life. Good days give you happiness and bad days give you experience.”~Unknown

When starting freshman year, I thought senior year would never come. I was sitting in the old Winn Dixie listening to teachers saying how fast our high school career would be. Never in a million years did I think they would be right. These past four years have taught me so much.

Heading into sophomore year, I had super bad anxiety and very was depressed. I decided to enroll in online school for the second semester because of my mental health. I was home alone all day and it made me even worse than what I started off as. I came back to Wakefield and wasn’t anxious anymore. I wanted to be at school and see my friends.
I have learned that one or two best friends are equal to millions of “friends.” One person that you can do everything with is the one thing you need to be successful in high school. You need to surround yourself with people who encourage you and who want the best for you.

I want to thank my mom for loving me and believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself. I want to thank my dad for supporting me in everything I do. Emma, you have been my partner-in-crime since day one. Elizabeth, thanks for making me laugh till my stomach hurts. Thank you to the teachers who have helped me get to this point.

Newspaper has served as an outlet for me to get involved with Wakefield and the community surrounding. I’ve made friends that make me laugh and support me more than I thought possible. Thank you to my fellow writers and Ms. Tekotte for making Newspaper one of my favorite classes I’ve ever taken. My writing has improved tremendously and I will use these skills throughout college.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Howler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *