Seth Steiner

Cover Image for Best Buddies Club article

Best Buddies Club

All answers provided by Charlotte Sykes.

Q: When did your club begin?

A: The Best Buddies Club began four years ago so it is relatively new.

Q: How many times does your club meet?

A: Our club meets twice a month, once with the buddies and once with just members to plan. 

Q: How long have you participated in the club?

A: I became president by being actively involved in the club for 4 years, I would not only come to the meetings but I would go out of my way to engage and build connections with the buddies. 

Q: How did you become club president?

Q: What is the primary objective of your club?

A: The primary objective of the club is to give students the opportunity to organize, plan and engage in activities with students with special needs. 

Q: What is your favorite aspect of the club?

A: My favorite aspect of the club is seeing how happy and excited the buddies get whenever we hang out with them. It really is so important to them and they love getting to participate in high school norms. 

Q: How many members are currently in your club?

A: We currently have over 60 members in the club, we are an open and welcoming club that accepts everyone!

Q: What are some of the things you do in your club?

A: Some of the things we do in the club include: having festive holiday parties(Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, valentines, and end of the year), we build fun crafts with the buddies, and as officers, we go into their classrooms to help out and spend time with them. 

Q: If there was one thing you’d like all the members of your club to take away, what would it be?

A: One thing that I hope all of the members takeaway is how to be a good and kind person toward everyone. 

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Howler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *