Jordan McIntyre

Learn more about the Mindfulness Club and Co-Presidents, Mary and Catherine Marley!

Mindfulness Club

All answers are provided by Mary and Catherine Marley

Q: What are your names and roles in the Mindfulness Club?

Mary: I’m Mary and I’m co-president of the club. I do a lot of the communication side of things, so I send emails and do the remind. I also help with planning meetings, activities and other sorts of things.

Catherine: I’m Catherine and I do more of the creative side of the club. I design and update the website and make a lot of presentations.

Q: What is Mindfulness Club?

Catherine: The Mindfulness Club is basically a club for kids to get a chance to collaborate and improve themselves, learn about psychology and overall learn how to be more mindful people.

Q: When did you start the club?

Catherine: This is actually our first year, so we just founded it.

Q: What inspired you to create the club?

Mary: It was an idea that we had in the pandemic, we wanted to do something that would incorporate mental health and be a safe space for kids to get together and have a community. We just felt like a lot of kids were struggling and this opportunity would be helpful.

Q: What is your mission for the club? 

Catherine: Overall, just to help people improve themselves and help them grow.

Mary: To also provide a safe space for students to feel comfortable and be able to reflect.

Q: Why should people join the Mindfulness Club?

Catherine: I think it’s definitely a great way to get involved in the school for incoming freshmen and everyone. We’re hoping to do some projects around the school as well.

Mary: Mindfulness Club is something that everybody can benefit from. It’s a very realistic way to take care and get to know yourself. It’s a powerful tool.

Q: What main goals do you want to achieve this year?

Catherine: To get a good group going, set realistic meeting dates and spread the word about the club.

Mary: The club is something we really want to build with students, and we’re looking forward to hearing their ideas for the club. We have some ideas ourselves but we want everybody to help build [the club] together.

Q: What are your plans for the school year?

Mary: We really want to do a project that focuses on mindfulness from a school perspective, not just a club, to spread positivity and mindful psychology around the school.

Q: How do people sign up for the club?

Mary: If you go to the school website under the club’s directory, we have our website linked. There’s an interest form on our website but if you don’t want to do that, you can just shoot me a remind message. The code is on our website or you can just email me.

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to add?

Mary: We’re excited for the upcoming year and we’re very passionate about this. I want to become a psychologist so it’s very near and dear to my heart.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in