RASHAWN BARNES, Discipline Assistant

Q: What made you decide to come to Wakefield High School?

A: I [actually] graduated from [Wakefield] in 2011. I came back here and I started coaching football [because] I just wanted to get involved with the school and be around the kids more.

Q: How did you get into this position at the school?

A: Mr. Lee, [the Wakefield High School Special Education teacher], is a close friend [of mine]. I graduated with him in 2011 [and] he told me about the job. [Lee told me that I could] always work here [at Wakefield] and be closer around the teens, so that’s how I ended up getting here. 

Q: Can you tell me a little bit about yourself and your background?

A: I grew up here in Goldsboro North Carolina, I moved here my junior year from Eastern Wayne High School in Goldsboro. I’ve been in Raleigh about 12 years, [I have] been working [for] a moving business, [and] I have my insurance broker license. I went to school for personal training too, so I’m really into physical work, working with kids, young adults, [and] different athletes.

Q: If you did not work here at Wakefield High School, where would you want to work?

A: I’d either be moving somebody’s furniture [with a moving company] or [I would] be in the gym training someone.

Q: What do you want students at Wakefield to know about you?

A: I’m a hard worker, I’m very kind, [and] I’m always here for any advice [the students] may need.

Q: Lastly, what advice would you like to give to the students here at Wakefield High School?

A: Whatever work you put in [is] whatever the outcome is going to give. If you want something, just go for it! As long as you put in 100 percent [you are] going to get it. It might not be at the right time you want it, but as long as you stay patient it will come to you.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Howler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *