SARA BETH McLAMB, Agriculture

SARA BETH McLAMB, Agriculture

Q: What is your job here?

A: I am an agriculture teacher and I teach sustainable agriculture and horticulture. 

Q: What is your favorite part of teaching?

A: I really like helping others learn new things. I love it when I see students learn something new and their eyes get super big and they are super excited about it.

Q: How has teaching impacted you?

A: It has really shown me the difference I can make in the world and the difference I can help others make. If I inspire someone, maybe they can take that and inspire other people.

Q: Why did you choose this subject?

A: I’ve wanted to be a teacher since I was about 5 years old. In high school, I took an agriculture class and I fell in love with the content and the people who are in agriculture.

Q: Did you attend college, if so, where did you go?

A: I went to NC State [University].

Q: What is one impact you hope to make on students?

A: Showing them their potential and that they can be, do and have anything they want to in life. I feel like I’ll make a really great impact if I can help students see that in themself.

Q: If you weren’t a teacher, what would you be?

A: Maybe a professional snorkeler.

Q: Why did you decide to teach this subject instead of pursuing a job in the industry?

A: Because of the impact that I knew I could have on students. I could go work for the industry, I did in college for a little bit, I did research for NC State in the horticulture department. I just really missed the community aspect of things and teaching others so that they could understand the industry better. 

Q: Where were you this time last year?

A: I was at NC State in plant propagation. 

Q: What do you like to do outside of school?

A: I have a dog named Honey, and I love Honey, she is amazing and she is my life. I also compete in crossfit and I do spartan races, so obstacle course racing, and I like to go on hikes in different parts of NC.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in