Chris+Ottaviano

Chris Ottaviano

"I ain't perfect, but I'm a Wolverine and that's pretty darn close!"

IT’S JUNE ALREADY?! That was fast.

It was in the second semester of my junior year that three Howler students came into 4th period and pitched us all the idea of joining newspaper for the next year. Previously, I had never seriously considered it, but for some reason, I decided to listen to hear what it was like. When the students started talking about all the possibilities of what I could do in the class (and that I could earn an honors credit), it was a done deal. I decided to join the Howler for my senior year. From then on, I wrote about things I’d never thought I’d write about: movies, confederate flags, sports, and more.

I think the one thing I love most about The Howler staff is the diversity. We have people from every part of the student body from Junior Marshals to wrestlers to drama performers. This makes for a great assortment of views and opinions. What’s more, is how welcoming everyone was. As a first-year writer, I never once felt alienated or confused. 

Highlights of my year include:

• Being the sports editor
  • Making a podcast episode all about Kanye West
  • Learning what an editorial was
  • Meeting a bunch of new friends

To Mrs. Tekotte, thank you for being such a supportive and caring advisor. To my Co-Editors-in-Chief Sage and Daijah, thank you for leading us by example this year. To my Howler staff members, thank you so much for welcoming me with open arms. To my fellow seniors, I can’t wait to see all the places you guys will go! 

Chris out. Wolverines forever!

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in