CHELSEA+GEORGE

CHELSEA GEORGE

CHELSEA GEORGE, Science Department

Q: What do you teach? 

A: Science or chemistry

Q: What made you want to teach science?

A: I had a string of fantastic science teachers who encouraged me and inspired me and I wanted to do the same. 

Q: What is your typical workday like? 

A: Normally it would be a lot of interacting with students and grading and planning but now it’s less of interacting with students and way more planning and grading. 

Q: What is your background like? 

A: I actually graduated from Wakefield High School and then I got my undergrad at UNCG and I got my masters at University of Texas at  El Paso. 

Q: What brought you back to Wakefield?

A: I wanted to work here because I wanted to work with some of the science teachers that I had. They were really fantastic and I thought they’d be a great team to be on. 

Q: Do you work with some of the teachers who used to teach you? 

A: Some of them–Ms. Stiles and Ms. Oshinsky. 

Q: What do you like most about Wakefield? 

A: I really appreciate the team I’m on. Both for planning and the department. I feel like everyone is trying really hard to make sure school is done well for the students in the most efficient way possible. 

Q: What do you do outside of school? 

A: I’m a big reader. I love to read everything and anything. I also love to be outside so hiking or any other nature activities.

Q: Do you have any crazy teaching stories? 

A: There’s a couple but mostly it’s a lot of fun 

Q: What’s it like teaching during COVID 19? 

A: Dynamic. It’s very interesting to figure out how to have lessons and activities that are worth students’ time that are still quality and that are fair and accessible. It’s also a little bit lonely. We all sign up to teach students and be with them and now we’re all alone. 

Q: What is your advice to students taking your class? 

A: My advice is to stay in contact with me as much as possible. If something is going on let me know and I’m happy to work with my students. I know everything’s complicated right now and I want to make sure everyone’s reaching their full potential. 

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in