BRANDON+WILLIAMS

BRANDON WILLIAMS

BRANDON WILLIAMS, Math Department

Q: What do you teach? 

A: Math Plus Honors and Math I.

Q: What made you decide to teach math?

A: I’ve been teaching math for 6 years but this is my first in high school. I’ve always loved math and it was my strong suit in high school but working with kids is the other big thing. Being able to be in a classroom and move around and help kids in something that they struggle with. 

Q: What’s your background? High school? College? 

A: I went to Middle Creek High School in Apex not too far down the road then I went to NC State after. I graduated in December 2014. I was always a big NC State fan. 

Q: What brought you to Wakefield? 

A: I took a break from teaching after Rolesville went for about a year doing a job in software sales. I realized that I missed teaching and wanted to get back into it. I always loved high school kids so I wanted to try and teach high school and I’ve always heard good things about Wakefield. 

Q: What’s the biggest challenge of being a new teacher? 

A: The biggest challenge is remote learning. Teaching from home is hard because I’m trying to create lessons on canvas. Adjusting to the technology aspects was the biggest challenge. My PLT teachers have been very helpful. 

Q: What do you like most about Wakefield so far? 

A: My coworkers and students. My coworkers have been very helpful during my first year. The students have been awesome, putting a lot of effort in working from home. 

Q: What do you like to do outside of school?

A: I go to the gym every day to blow off some steam but I like to travel too. I also watch a lot of sports so it’s been nice these past couple of months with sports on tv all the time. 

Q: What’s your favorite professional sports team? 

A: The Atlanta Braves for baseball and I’m a Panthers fan for football because I live in NC. I’m a Golden State Warriors fan for basketball. Some people might say bandwagoner but I’ve been a fan since 2006. 

Q: Do you have any crazy teaching stories? 

A: I don’t know. All teachers have bad days where you deal with misbehaving students. There are some crazy times but you just have to push through.

Q: What is your advice for students taking your class?

A: My biggest advice is to come get help when you need help. Especially with it being remote. I don’t get to see you guys and I don’t know how far Behind you are until assessment days. The biggest thing I’m gonna say is be proactive. Don’t be shy or nervous to come and ask for help.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in