DANNY INSCOE

DANNY INSCOE

DANNY INSCOE, Physical Education Department

Q: What do you teach?

A: I have one Lifetime Sports and then I have two Honors Healthful Living 

Q: What made you decide to teach? 

A: Good question, to be honest.  The route that I took is quite different than most teachers, probably. So I did not attend college with the intent of being a teacher. I knew that I love sports and I wanted to be around sports all my life, so I picked a Health Education major so I could be around student-athletes because for me my coach probably played a bigger impact in my life than my normal teachers.

Q: What does your typical workday look like?

A: So I’m up and at my computer at 6:45. First period I have planning and during that time I am constantly answering emails, entering grades, and grading stuff. Then I have a class for the second and third and fourth period. During my little breaks in between classes I eat and check some more emails. It’s a lot like being in person but a lot more screen time like I have to step away and go outside at least 5 or 10 minutes or it feels like my head is about to explode reading emails all day.

Q: How has virtual learning impacted your job?

A: I’m doing things that I would have never done if we weren’t virtual so, in that aspect, I’m excited because I’m learning apps and teaching in ways that I would not have been teaching.

Q: Tell me about your educational background

A: I went to a private school kindergarten through 12th grade so I went there for 13 years and I think I had 45 people in my graduating class. For college, I went to Chowan University and I graduated with a degree in physical education health and I also have a minor in sports science. 

Q: What brought you to Wakefield?

A: I worked at Wakefield High School for four years until I left to go to a middle school for four years. And finally, I came back this year because I missed coaching softball on a high school level and my oldest son is going into sixth grade and I would like being on the same campus as him.

Q: What do you like most about Wakefield so far? 

A: I like this age of students because of maturity and everyone is trying to find who they are in life and I like having an impact on that. In my department, we all are a tight family and we look out for each other and we go above and beyond to help kids out 

Q: What do you like to do outside of school?

A: Hunt, fish, watch sports and play sports. 

Q: What is your advice for students taking your class(es)?

A: Be consistent with turning work in and communicating if you need anything.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in