The Howler

Student Ambassadors donate bottled water to Flint

Student Ambassadors donate bottled water to Flint

Chase Cofield, Staff Writer

April 18, 2016

Filed under Community

“A lot of us are very fortunate for what we have, and we should reach out by using the tools that we have to the best of our ability and help out other people." -Finn.

The Legacy of the Irish Remains

The Legacy of the Irish Remains

Alexa Cook, Community Editor

March 24, 2016

Filed under Community

“The whole experience brings about a sense of Irish pride and realization of past history.” -Phillips

Hear the colloquium at the Ag Symposium

Hear the colloquium at the Ag Symposium

Kennedy Little, Business Editor

March 23, 2016

Filed under Community

Horticulture II students studying agricultural science convened for an educational opportunity to showcase what they know.  They will each present projects that vary from collecting dog toys for military canines to breeding bunnies and taming chinchillas.  They then received the opportunity to sha...

Pen pals take “Lessons of Vietnam” to a new level

Pen pals take “Lessons of Vietnam” to a new level

Laurie Diggett, Staff Writer

March 23, 2016

Filed under Community

Garth Sweredoski, a social studies teacher at Wakefield High School, is giving his “Lessons of Vietnam” class the chance to connect with Vietnam War veterans through letters, e-mails and phone calls. “Lessons of Vietnam” is a class that mainly focuses on aspects of the pertaining war by going...

Champions return to the eye of the Hurricane

Champions return to the eye of the Hurricane

March 3, 2016

Filed under Community

“A good bit of my support came from the Wakefield area and I thought that that was really cool." -Kye Gibbs

Canines in Uniforms

Canines in Uniforms

Alexa Cook, Community Editor

March 3, 2016

Filed under Community

Wakefield is known for their yearly food drives and support of local organizations. However, this year students are taking a turn for the better by stepping out of our comfort zones to support the nation’s troops and their canines on duty. Wakefield’s FFA is supporting the whole idea...

Booster clubs support the dub

Booster clubs support the dub

Alexa Cook and Kennedy Little

February 10, 2016

Filed under Community

“The 2015-2016 High School athletic budget exceeds $200,000,” said Stock. “Of that amount the Wake County Public School System will provide $1200; this is less than 1% of what we require.”

Panther Pride: Wackos “Keep Pounding”

Panther Pride: Wackos “Keep Pounding”

Yasine Mirmozaffari, Staff Writer

February 5, 2016

Filed under Community

“I am preparing myself mentally, mostly by meditating,” said science teacher, Russell Williams. “I will wear my decade old Panthers jersey, and I will eat my approximate body weight in chicken wings during the game.”

New year, new me

New year, new me

Palace Jones, Online Editor

January 7, 2016

Filed under Community

With the new year starting and finals less than a week away, the second semester is approaching fast. Counselors and teachers tend to see the same pattern with seniors as the second semester starts and the school year winds down.

Wakefield clubs making a difference

Wakefield clubs making a difference

Kate Meikle and Isabella Petruccione

December 9, 2015

Filed under Community

As the holiday season commences, giving back and spreading joy to the underprivileged are of upmost importance to many clubs at Wakefield. Although each club practices their own mission, many unite during this time of year for the same cause: to provide help to those in need. Youth Commission International The missio...

Mistletoe Market spreads holiday cheer in November

Mistletoe Market spreads holiday cheer in November

Emily Callahan, Features Editor

November 13, 2015

Filed under Community

“This is the only school event that brings together this magnitude of people in our community of all different ages and backgrounds; the whole festive atmosphere is truly amazing.” -King

Annual Skinny Turkey Race raises awareness

Annual Skinny Turkey Race raises awareness

November 13, 2015

Filed under Community

"As drivers we need to remember the impact that texts can have." -Riley Taylor

The Voice of Wakefield High School
Community