Senior%2C+Elijah+Shabazz+

Senior, Elijah Shabazz

Elijah Shabazz

“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life” ~Muhammad Ali

My time in high school was spent learning more through life experiences rather than in the classroom. I entered high school with a lack of maturity and will be graduating with the yearn to grasp more knowledge. I will forever cherish all of the friendships I made along the way. The friendships that plundered and those that have withstood the test of time helped mold me into the person I am today.

The countless hours that I put my body through by training for basketball all paid off. I will be furthering my basketball career at the collegiate level and I couldn’t be any more ecstatic. I am going to miss my time as a basketball player with ‘Wakefield’ written across my chest, but I will always be a Wolverine.

Being viewed as a leader from my freshman year until now has helped me in many ways. I never followed the wave, instead, I had control of my own waters. My biggest advice to the underclassmen is to be in control of your life. I never gave another person power over my decisions or actions. I believe that if you stand firm in your morals and realize that you have control over your future, then you won’t indulge in certain behaviors that are risky.

As I enter the real world, I look back on my high school experience with both happiness and sorrow. One word to describe my experience in its entirety is necessary. Everything that I went through happened for a reason. It strengthened me in a way in which I feel as if I can overcome anything. My future awaits me, and I believe I am ready to tackle all of the challenges ahead of me. I firmly believe that my high school experience would’ve been totally different had I gone to another school. Though I may not have understood it at the time, Wakefield High School gave me the tools that best fit the qualities that I will need as I enter the real world.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in