Senior%2C+Elijah+Shabazz+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Elijah Shabazz

Senior, Elijah Shabazz

Senior, Elijah Shabazz

Senior, Elijah Shabazz

Senior, Elijah Shabazz

Elijah Shabazz

“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life” ~Muhammad Ali

My time in high school was spent learning more through life experiences rather than in the classroom. I entered high school with a lack of maturity and will be graduating with the yearn to grasp more knowledge. I will forever cherish all of the friendships I made along the way. The friendships that plundered and those that have withstood the test of time helped mold me into the person I am today.

The countless hours that I put my body through by training for basketball all paid off. I will be furthering my basketball career at the collegiate level and I couldn’t be any more ecstatic. I am going to miss my time as a basketball player with ‘Wakefield’ written across my chest, but I will always be a Wolverine.

Being viewed as a leader from my freshman year until now has helped me in many ways. I never followed the wave, instead, I had control of my own waters. My biggest advice to the underclassmen is to be in control of your life. I never gave another person power over my decisions or actions. I believe that if you stand firm in your morals and realize that you have control over your future, then you won’t indulge in certain behaviors that are risky.

As I enter the real world, I look back on my high school experience with both happiness and sorrow. One word to describe my experience in its entirety is necessary. Everything that I went through happened for a reason. It strengthened me in a way in which I feel as if I can overcome anything. My future awaits me, and I believe I am ready to tackle all of the challenges ahead of me. I firmly believe that my high school experience would’ve been totally different had I gone to another school. Though I may not have understood it at the time, Wakefield High School gave me the tools that best fit the qualities that I will need as I enter the real world.

The Howler • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in