Joseph+Ortiz

Joseph Ortiz

Joseph Ortiz

There once was a time when I was younger when I never thought I would graduate high school.  It just seemed so far away for it to happen. Now that the time is near, I find it hard to believe.  The past four years have literally flown by. There is so much that happened, good and bad, and it will stay with me the rest of my life.  If I were given the chance to go back in time and change any of it, I wouldn’t. These events have shaped me into the person that I am today, and I enjoy the person I have become.  It is going to be hard to say goodbye to Wakefield, but that’s a good thing. That means that my high school experience was worthwhile. It’s time to move on to the next chapter of life, and I believe being at Wakefield has more than prepared me for that next step.  

The most memorable thing in high school for me would probably be the time I spent on the basketball team.  The friendships I built through the program are very important to me. I consider all my teammates as family.  During the season, I saw more of them than I did my own family. We were constantly together at practices, games, tournaments, etc.  There’s no other feeling than being part of an organized basketball team, especially in high school. That is most likely something I will miss most about high school, because I won’t have a chance to play on a team like that ever again.  

The thought of being in college this fall is so surreal to me.  Everything that I have been accustomed to for the past four years will be gone, I will be on a completely new territory.  This is both exciting and scary for me, just because of that fact that it is something new that I am not used to. I am ready to accept the challenge though, as I was ready to accept the challenge of high school.

As I think about the past four years, another thing I know I’m going to miss are relationships I have built with my classmates and teachers in general, in addition to teammates and coaches.  There are certain people I have met through high school that have really helped me get through some of the hardest times in my life. The fact that I may never see them in my life again saddens me, but I wish them the best of luck in their own futures, because they are going through the same things that I am.  

I can not wait to see what the future holds for me.  All I know is that I’m ready to face whatever challenge comes my way, and I know for a fact that I will be successful in whatever I do because I am a Wakefield Wolverine.  

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in