Thom Tillis aims for better lives for the people of America

David Adams, Sports Editor

Thom Tillis is the Republican candidate running for North Carolinas Senator against Democrat Kay Hagen.  Tillis plans to push for repeal of Obamacare, a balanced budget and a conservative economic policy.  These factors may not be ideal to the teens that are planning on voting but they are some of his main points that he will use to help reduce the state’s debt, reduce healthcare costs for North Carolinians, and removing the government out of our families and small businesses.

Some factors that may affect teens in a positive way include creating more educational opportunities for students, creating new job opportunities, and lowering taxes. Tillis understands the importance of education and is a strong supporter of charter schools and has already helped establish and opportunity scholarship program for lower income students, according to Thom Tillis’ political campaign website.  This will create a better chance for our generation to become more educated and create a better place to live for our entire nation.

Before Tillis was involved with politics, he was a very successful business man. Tillis knows that in order to improve the economy, we must create an environment where businesses can flourish and create job opportunities.  Along with that, he believes that the government needs to get out of the way so that businesses can thrive.  Tillis has been working on a conservative reform movement to take over the North Carolina legislature in order to create new job opportunities and make our state one of the best places to live.  This affects our teens today by giving us a brighter future that is more hopeful for success and opportunity.

Lastly, according to Thom Tillis’ political campaign website, Thom has lowered personal income tax for every single North Carolinian and cut business taxes by more than $2.4 billion over the next five years. This is important for teens and our generation. After we go to college and start living on our own, we will be required to pay taxes and start paying bills.  Tillis knows lower taxes are vital for economic growth and prosperity and he is the only candidate with a proven record of lowering taxes.

Running against Thom Tillis is Democrat, Kay Hagen.  Hagen has a more liberal viewpoint on issues occurring in our nation, including one that she has yet to act on, our national security.  Hagen wants to combat emerging threats such as terrorism, illegal drugs and privacy, homeland defense and weapons of mass destruction; she has not yet acted on these issues and that is a problem among the security of our nation.

Overall, Tillis is a conservative and speaks to the morals of the people and teens of the United States of America.  He plans on providing a better future for teens and everyone else with his ideologies of taking the government out of small businesses, lowering personal income taxes and creating a better educational system.  Tillis aims to make the United States a better place to live for all the people and give teens, and future generations, more educational and job opportunities to live better lives, while Hagen wants to keep the government in control of people’s lives and businesses.