Josh+Cyr

Josh Cyr

JOSH CYR, Social Studies Department

Q:  What do you do here at Wakefield High School?

A:  I’m a World History teacher and hopefully I’ll be an advisor for the pride club soon. 

Q: What did you do before teaching at Wakefield?

A:  I graduated with my master’s degree from Wright State in Ohio in the spring of 2020. I moved down here and was a substitute teacher throughout the 2020-2021 school year.

Q:  What made you want to teach history?

A:  I had really good history teachers and I had really bad history teachers. I noticed that the bad history teachers’ history wasn’t their passion, they just ended up teaching history. But the history teachers that made an impact on me very much cared about the content. They made it relevant and cared about our history as Americans and humans in general.

Q:  What’s your favorite teaching story?

A:  I had an interaction with an entire front office when I was subbing that they thought I was a student. I guess they thought I was just a dressed-up student, it was very uncomfortable. They were talking about career day and I was like, I have a master’s degree!

Q:  What are you most excited about now that we’re in person?

A:  Just getting to see students every day, actually getting to interact with them, and getting to see faces as much as possible with masks. Getting to laugh with people in class, good or bad, it’s just nice being near people. I think we all need it at this time.

Q:  What is your favorite era of history?

A:  I would say the interwar period between World War One and World War Two, Cold War, and most underrated goes to Reconstruction Era America. 

Q:  Any advice for students overall or your freshmen class?

A:  Ask for help when you need it! I love helping people, that’s why I became a teacher. Other than that, stay organized.

The Howler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Howler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *