The Voice of Wakefield High School

The Howler

The Howler

The Howler

Wakefield students and teacher on their trip in Italy.

Students make the decision to travel abroad

Morgan DeHart, Staff Writer February 16, 2017
“It really brings books to life." ~ Dawn Valentino
Loving and Hating Valentine’s Day

Loving and Hating Valentine’s Day

Paige Schepperley, Staff Writer February 14, 2017
“It really doesn’t matter how you celebrate Valentine’s,” one responder said. “ You should always be tell those around you how important they are no matter the day,” one responder said.

Parker’s Big Meadow Mountain spreads big holiday cheer

Paige Schepperley and Isabella Petruccione, Staff Writer and Arts and Entertainment Editior December 20, 2016
“I’m so lucky to be able to help others and experience the holiday season in a unique way,” said Parker. “This season is all about giving so I truly try to spread my good will and fortune to all those in need. Christmas is a time of joy and everyone should be able to experience the happiness that comes along with Christmas trees.”

FBLA hosts toy and clothing drive for families in need

Isabelle Kozubowski, Staff Writer December 15, 2016
For the drive, the FBLA is requesting that students, members and non-members alike, bring in new toys and gently used clothing-specifically warmer clothes like coats, gloves, and hats.

No tile left behind

Bryn Goldsmith, Business Editor December 14, 2016
"This isn't just a joy bomb...this is a joy atomic bomb." ~Sweredoski
Members of FCCLA wrap presents for customers.

Holiday spirit starts to spread at this year’s Mistletoe Market

Morgan DeHart, Staff Writer November 30, 2016

Busy shoppers, unique gifts, and memorable experiences describe this year’s Mistletoe Market on November 12, 2016. Mistletoe Market is a Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) event in which many...

The power of helping others

Chinma Ngumoha, Staff Writer November 7, 2016
“I felt horrible. I don’t think too many people realize what it means to lose everything. When I say everything I mean not their money but the things in their house that are irreplaceable. How would you like to lose 30, 40, 50 years of memories.” ~Bliga
FFAs lovely award winning garden being displayed at the NC state fair.

Judges devour FFA’s chef-inspired garden

Emma Finn, Features Editor November 7, 2016
"We really wanted a garden that was edible but also beautiful."
The community garden behind Wakefield Elementary will provide food in future harvests.

Wakefield garden: changing the community one tomato at a time

Emily Callahan and Rebecca Fiely, Features Editor and Arts & Entertainment Editor June 2, 2016
“A big thing that we’re doing with the garden is showing kids where their food comes from because a lot of them don’t know." ~ Parrish
A student holds a door open for another fellow student.

There’s no price for doing something nice

Kennedy Little, Business Editor May 9, 2016

Random people do nice things for strangers every day.  Whether it be for people or animals, being nice makes a huge difference in many lives.  When a kind act is committed, the acts spread, and in spreading...

Wake Forest locals prepare for Meet in the Street

Wake Forest locals prepare for Meet in the Street

Laurie Diggett, Staff Writer May 6, 2016

The 36th annual Meet in the Street is on its way and downtown Wake Forest is currently buzzing with the controlled chaos of preparations. Event organizers, performers, vendors and volunteers alike will...

I love beach music -- every single day of my life

I love beach music — every single day of my life

Kennedy Little, Business Editor April 20, 2016

Blow up your beach balls and put on your shag shoes because Midtown Beach Music at North Hills is here and is in its ninth season!  Amazing bands will be playing, people from all over North Carolina will...

Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All The Howler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest